Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PROBLEMS WITH PEUGEOT JET FORCE 50CC
UK Bike Forum > Technical Help > The Workshop
OuTeR HeAvEn
hello i have a peugeot jet force 50cc 1 year now .From the start that i buy the bike
the engine in 6000 - 6500 cycles (30 - 40kph) gime a sound like the engine it tangles .I do the update with the peugeot's cassete (game boy) it fixes the gas spraying on injection but again nothing good happens.After that damn thing this summer i notice one more thing with the hot weather outside the bike after a 5-6 kilometers make a choping noise in engine with small chaps in exsaust and the bike goes only 40 kph with the accelerate on full and if i insist for more than 10 secs then maybe it will unstuck from this choping.My deeler try everything but no luck and today i ask a friend who have the same bike with me and he told me that he have the same symptoms with me i'm wondering if anyone knows a solution for this damn thing i have the bike 1 year now and i'm not happy at all from the start with it sniffle.gif
bikerdave
OH, are you in the UK and did you buy the bike brand new or used?

There aren't to many folk on here with scooter specific knowledge. I think what you're saying is that after running it for a short time, the scoot is losing power and getting jumpy but if you keep the throttle open, it clears.

Any suggestions folks?
fastfitter
Pinking?
OuTeR HeAvEn
no its a brand new and i'am from greece.Yeah if you insist then maybe the whole thing will clear but if i catch the 80kph and more it do it again small chaps and choping noise on engine.
devilpaint
sounds to me like a fueling problem, i'm assuming its injection rather than a carb?
i dont have a clue what fuel you have out there, but how about a fuel additive that boosts the performance/octane level?

is it restricted in any way(uk bikes have to be restricted for young riders, is it the same in Greece?)

if so , try having a look in the exhaust or inlet manifold for washer type restrictors.
OuTeR HeAvEn
i read the manual here about the gas and it wants super unleaded and all this time i put simple unleaded sniffle.gif you can take licence from 18 here in greece.
devilpaint
let us know if the super unleaded helps any outer heaven.
OuTeR HeAvEn
mates i will try it but this is not the solution that i search for i know many people that they have many problems with theses bikes
Fazerstun
QUOTE(devilpaint @ Oct 9 2004, 09:29 AM)
is it restricted in any way(uk bikes have to be restricted for young riders, is it the same in Greece?)

When I lived in Greece we all rode bikes illegally lbhh.gif I hope u get ur problem sorted soon Outer and by the way...

xaipete thumbsup2.gif
OuTeR HeAvEn
hehehehe yeahh i know that dude. Nice you know a word heehehehe :tounge:
Fazerstun
Actually I speak fluent greek, well it might be a bit rusty but yeah fluent blush21.gif
Duffman
Funny you should mention mopeds. I've had problems with mine for months. I hate it, the only reason i still have it is so i can fix it and sell it for something beter. Well, the problem i was having was when i held the throttle wide open, it would slug along, but if i went about half throttle it would be fine.
I thought it was something to do with the throttle cable at first, but then i remembered i put some generic 2 stroke oil in it. I think it filled the exhaust with carbon and thats what caused it to lose power. Well, i paid £100 for a new exhaust to be fitted and they took the restrictors off the engine and it's fixed. I was getting 75 mph today coming into work buttrock.gif
The only bad thing, it's really slow at taking off, sometimes it barely moves and i have to wait for it to engage the gear. I think i need to change the roller weights on the clutch. But you sound like you're having a similar problem. I heard you can burn the carbon out of the exhaust by sticking it in a fire and turning it around. I would also try cleaning the carb... ooh2.gif
davo
Hi there , it sounds like you have been using the wrong type of two stroke oil,(I think). you should be using a fully syth two stroke oil, the most expensive type. if you use cheap two stroke oil the waste which is the smoke that comes out of the exhaust will leave a build up of carbon which after time will block up your exhaust so the gases will have no where to go and will result in a loss of power, you may also find that you will need to use a octain boster to improve the petrol(pinking).
To unblock the exhuast you will need to find a mate with an blow torch to burn out the inside of the exhaust, you will have to take the exhaust off the bike before doing this as you do not want to set fire to your pride and joy.
Also ask your dealer to check on your belt and clutch system and the rollers which are model specific, also ask him to look at the rollers and see if there are any flat spots on them, they should be free of any grease or oil.
Hope this helps.
Dave
OuTeR HeAvEn
mates i have my jet force only 1 year the bike is new i use only the ipone synth oil for scoot's i can't undestand these symptoms i think its to early for the damn bike to having problems sniffle.gif but i'm crazy with it because it tangles on the road many times and my diller says that is the injection who activate above the 6000 cycles but i dont believe it he says that the bike is just fine and this is normal thing i dont f*ckin know what sould i do ?
Duffman
How about changing the oil to a fully synthetic. Also, your exhaust may be clogged up like my old one. Do as the other guy said and burn it out. First test without the exhaust, it will be very loud (But who cares wwww.gif ).
Try changing the spark plug too. I think you've done pretty well going a year without problems. I had 2 weeks before i had problems! sniffle.gif

Also, you may wanna try fitting bigger or smaller jets on the carb to see if it fixes the problem rolleyes.gif
OuTeR HeAvEn
today a friend of mine who is resseler of honda said to me that the peugeot cut out the jet force model because is having problems with the injection spraying and the whole injection system i think he is right because peugeot was late to release in market the compressor model and the whole thing is smell bad anyway he told me that peugeot will release again the jet force without injection but with a simple carb this time. i will wait for that maybe they will release a kit to exchange the defective parts.if they dont i have friends who know to do that sticky thing.
DAMN PEUGEOT I PAY FOR YOUR feckIN BIKE 2.500 EUROS AND NOW I WILL PUT IT IN MY ASS. cry.gif
devilpaint
when i were a lad, (many years ago) we used caustic soda to clean out the exhausts on our fs1e yamaha 2 strokes-worked a treat!.
Ian
QUOTE(OuTeR HeAvEn @ Oct 14 2004, 08:59 PM)
DAMN PEUGEOT I PAY FOR YOUR feckIN BIKE 2.500 EUROS AND NOW I WILL PUT IT IN MY ASS. cry.gif

Not quite sure how that's going to help ooh2.gif laughcont.gif
OuTeR HeAvEn
my exhaust is just fine dudes forget this scenario the realy problem is the injection and the whole system there. veryangry.gif
hercules
Hi!Does anybody know when Peugeot will start selling the new jetforce 50 without the tsdi system but with a traditional carburettor system?
ancientd
My wife has a Peugeot Scooter and when we bought her latest one we asked the dealer about the Jetforce range, his advice, Leave well alone, have an electronic control system and you need full diagnostic equipment to do anything with them. He actively trys to stop people buying them. He has had trouble with every one that he has sold. We first bought a Vivacity 50 which took her along at an easy 45 mph, upgraded it a year later for the 100cc model and had no serious problems with either. The only trouble we had was the clutch rollers in the 50 cc bike only lasted 6000 kilometers.
hercules
One non official dealer in my town advised me to buy a jetforce because itís great,very quick and reliable.Another one said that if I like it so much I have to wait a few months until a jetforce with a carburettor system come back because of many problems with immobiliser and tsdi system.The official dealer also says that jetforce is unreliable and all his customers came back for refits.So what?A friend of mine owns a jetforce 125 and the only problem he had was a broken diaphragm in the exhaust.But 125 uses EFI,not TSDI.Could anybody advice me what to buy?I want a reliable 50cc liquid-cooled scooter with long extended service period,which can reach over 80 km/h (50 mph), cheap to run,with low oil consumption (1 lt/900 km at least),comfortable and with good roadability-like jetforce,aprilia sr.Shall I prefer speedfight,Kymco B&W 50,Kymco super 9,Yamaha aerox,Gilera Runner (So much common!).What else?
ancientd
QUOTE(hercules @ Nov 21 2004, 10:20 PM)
One non official dealer in my town advised me to buy a jetforce because itís great,very quick and reliable.Another one said that if I like it so much I have to wait a few months until a jetforce with a carburettor system come back because of many problems with immobiliser and tsdi system.The official dealer also says that jetforce is unreliable and all his customers came back for refits.So what?A friend of mine owns a jetforce 125 and the only problem he had was a broken diaphragm in the exhaust.But 125 uses EFI,not TSDI.Could anybody advice me what to buy?I want a reliable 50cc liquid-cooled scooter with long extended service period,which can reach over 80 km/h (50 mph), cheap to run,with low oil consumption (1 lt/900 km at least),comfortable and with good roadability-like jetforce,aprilia sr.Shall I prefer speedfight,Kymco B&W 50,Kymco super 9,Yamaha aerox,Gilera Runner (So much common!).What else?

In the UK you won't get such a machine, all 50cc scooters are restricted to 30 m.p.h. Some dealers will de-restrict them if you meet certain criteria and then they can usually get to 45-50 m.p.h. If you want a sustained speed of 50 m.p.h or more you have to go to a higher cc bike. The fastest 50 cc scooter of recent years is the Italjet Dragster 50, I had a de-restricted one that would cruise at 50 m.p.h with me on it, and at 20 + stones that's quite a feat. From experience the Peugeot Vivacity 50 when de-restricted will nearly meet your requirements, depending on how big you are. The Italjet is difficult to get hold of these days and has very poor service back up.
adamisafatbloke
I agree with Davo, if you are getting strange engine noises it may be something to do with the rollers or front clutch. Its been a few years since i have had anything to do with scooters but i remeber these parts being very problematic and needing replacement at that sort of mileage. If you are using a synthetic oil keep with it as this will help in the long term but these little bikes do wear out very quickly. If you need new rollers and a clutch i would suggest changing the drive belt as well. Good luck with it. fcrossed.gif
Robburroughs17
Hi there i am waiting to pick up my brand new peugeot jetforce 50cc on tuesday but by the sounds of things on here they are not all that good!! How long until the injection start breaking? Surely if its a brand new bike i shouldnt have problems with it should i?? And actually how fast is it acceleration wise and what is the top speed on the jetforce 50cc?? Reply Please thanks rob
JetForce-Rider
QUOTE(OuTeR HeAvEn @ Oct 8 2004, 11:47 PM)
hello i have a peugeot jet force 50cc 1 year now .From the start that i buy the bike
the engine in 6000 - 6500 cycles (30 - 40kph) gime a sound like the engine it tangles .I do the update with the peugeot's cassete (game boy) it fixes the gas spraying on injection but again nothing good happens.After that damn thing this summer i notice one more thing with the hot weather outside the bike after a 5-6 kilometers make a choping noise in engine with small chaps in exsaust and the bike goes only 40 kph with the accelerate on full and if i insist for more than 10 secs then maybe it will unstuck from this choping.My deeler try everything but no luck and today i ask a friend who have the same bike with me and he told me that he have the same symptoms with me i'm wondering if anyone knows a solution for this damn thing i have the bike 1 year now and i'm not happy at all from the start with it  sniffle.gif

I know by now you have probably sorted your problem, but just incase or for anyone else out there with a Peugeot Jetforce 50,50SBC please be aware of the following:

Peugeot JetForce's have an issue with the TSDI system, all JetForces have or should have been recalled to your local dealership for nessesary changes. However from my experience i had to wait for this to happen before chnages were made. It should still be in warrenty and if not fixed your engine will cease, in my case a whole new engine was installed. There is nothing you can do with this problem and your local dealer should now be aware (as long as they are offical Peugeot dealership) they will sort this for you on warrenty. This will resolve most issues.

Currently Peugeot are considering going to a carb version due to the failure on all JetForce engines.

Regards Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.